Wow, it’s warm in Seattle this week! Now, this doesn’t happen that often, and the Southerner in me laughs at the idea that this is hot but…it’s 92 degrees and we DON’T HAVE AIR-CONDITIONING, only a couple of fans. Yes, it’s not humid and the temperature will cool down late at night, allowing me to sleep. But, while I’m awake, the sun is shining, it is hot. Luckily, I have a kick-ass blender and a well-stocked bar. And, best of all, it is Friday! This has been a long week, a bit stressful and emotional, and today seemed to take a very long time to get here. But, here it is, and I’m healthy and have a roof over my head, my parents’ home was one of the few spared from the historic flooding in Louisiana, and in a few weeks, I’ll get to celebrate my sister’s wedding. This week felt very long but, honestly, I have much to be grateful for.
Tools & Extras: Collins glass, metal straw, blender
2 oz. Bourbon
1 oz. Lemon juice
1/2 oz. Blackberry Shrub
1/4 oz. Campari
1/2 oz. Rich simple syrup*
5-6 Frozen peach slices (if they’re large, use 5)
6-8 pieces of ice
- Add everything but ice & lemon peel to a blender.
- Blend on high for ~30 seconds; the peaches should be mostly pureed with a few small bits visible.
- Add the ice and blend on high for about ~30-45 seconds, or until well blended.
- Pour into a chilled Collins glass, garnish with a lemon peel, & add a straw.
- Enjoy, preferably sitting in front of a fan.
*Rich Simple Syrup: 1 Cup Sugar to 1/2 Cup Water; combine in a saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Cool & transfer to a jar; store in the fridge.